Did you know we run FREE weekly story time sessions here at the Library? Baby Rhyme Time and Story Time sessions for older children are run regularly at the Muswellbrook, Scone, Denman, Murrurundi and Merriwa Libraries.
We often think that everyone reads. In many remote communities across Australia, people don’t always have the chance to develop reading skills in English language. This happens for many reasons including isolation, few other speakers of English language and poor access to reading material. It is important for family to be the first teachers of young ones when they are starting to look at books" - Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
If you know of someone with a bub or toddler encourage them to come along...we have a great time singing and reading with the children and the older kids also get to do some craft!
Session details are as follows:
- Story time - Wednesday mornings from 11.00am (2+)
- Baby Rhyme time - Wednesday mornings from 10:15am (0-2)
- Sunset Story time every third Thursday night from 6.00pm (all ages)
*Note: As of the 3rd of November 2015, Our Tuesday morning Storytime will commence from 11:30am instead of 10:30am.
If you are part of a mothers group or family day care group and are interested in coming in for a special story time session or forming your own story time session we can help! We have baby book kits available to use to lap sit reading time and would welcome you to come in and use our fantastic children's area. Please contact the library on 6543-1913 for more information.
- Come along to the new look storytime each Saturday morning at the Denman library between 11.00am and 12.00pm.
This hour is a designated hour especially for ages bubs through to teens. Come along and join in the storytime, read a book, play the Wii, use our free wi-fi and internet or just relax.
- Story time Tuesday mornings from 10:30am
- Toddler Time Tuesday mornings from 10:30am
- Baby Talk Wednesday mornings from 10:30am (0-15 months)
- Story time Friday mornings from 10:30am
Come into the Murrurundi library each Wednesday morning from 10:30am for a fun Storytime and craft activity. Attendees are invited to become library members and enjoy library facilities following these sessions. Session times are as follows:
- Storytime + Craft held weekly Wednesday mornings from at 10:30am
Come into the Merriwa library each Tuesday morning from 11am for a fun Storytime and craft activity. Ages 2-5 welcome. Attendees are invited to become library members and enjoy library facilities following these sessions. Session times are as follows:
- Storytime + Craft held weekly at 11am-12noon on Tuesdays
Please contact the Library Officer on 6376-1295 for information on story time sessions.